When I think of what comfort means to me, I mostly think of family, friends, home, relaxation, freedom, and of course food. The pure nostalgia associated with different foods, can conjure memories of endearing moments in time. For me those memories associated with food are always centered around family, especially my mother. I can remember a bead of sweat on her forehead as she prepared Sunday dinners, or the dexterity in her fingers as she kneaded dough. The one memory that stands out may be odd, but it was the sound from the cup, or glass when pressed down and turned slightly, while she made biscuits.
I always recalled certain memories, while forging new ones when I baked a flaky, buttery homemade biscuit, or warm slice of cornbread with melted buttered on top. Going gluten-free, I would sometimes forget about the moments and memories associated with the joy of baking certain foods, mostly because I never thought I would be able to enjoy a gluten-free version of it.
When I saw this biscuit recipe made with almond flour, I wanted to try it immediately. Although the texture is not the same as a true glutenous biscuit, it still tasted delicious, and satisfied my desire for comfort, while creating a new lasting memory.
Rosemary-Parmesan Cheese Biscuits
The perfect Gluten, and Grain-free biscuit option.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins
Total time: 20-25 mins
Yield: 6 large Biscuits (or 12 smaller size)
- 3 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp agave, or honey
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, cheese, baking soda, rosemary. In a separate bowl mix eggs, agave, and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until dough forms.
- Turn out on a layer of parchment paper. Add second layer of parchment paper on top and press down slightly. Roll out to desired thickness, and using biscuit cutter ,cut out rounds.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until browned. (be careful, not to burn)
Enjoy …. KiKI
Omit Parmesan cheese for Almond Rosemary Biscuit & Peachy Berries
Peachy Berries Recipe
12-15 Peaches diced in syrup
1/4 cup dried cherries, and blueberries
1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice seasoning
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 of a 1/8 tsp cloves (a few pinches)
1/2 of a 1/8 tsp ground black pepper (a few pinches)
Heat all ingredients over medium heat and allow to thicken slightly. Serve warm over split Almond Rosemary Biscuit.